Sunday, March 31, 2019

Colorado, Colorado

This is the beginning of an attempt at a fun 'filmic' story I wrote maybe 10 years ago - a vampire Western which I called 'Colorado, Colorado'.  The hero, Jack, is a film director whose horrific art becomes reality.

COLORADO, COLORADO

I'd seen all the vampire Westerns and knew the script by then.  Frankly, that whole sub-genre had become something of a cliche.  Regular Jack finds himself out in the middle of nowhere.  Fights the nasty vicious vampires who, coincidentally, find themselves out in the middle of nowhere and wake up at about the same time that Regular Jack is doing his thing.  Jack fights the vampires, gets the girl and everyone lives happily ever after.  I'd seen it, done it, starred in it.  Now I was directing one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment